Have a stack of old vinyl records laying around? There are an assortment of things you can do with them, but how about turning them into something you can use? You can turn your old vinyl records into decorative bowls in just a few easy steps.
- Grab the vinyl record you want to “cook”
- Turn your oven up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- you can place a metal bowl (open side down) on a baking sheet or use a tin can (open side down) on a baking sheet
- All your bowl or tin can to warm up in the oven by itself for 4 minutes or so
- Place your record with the label you want on the inside, on top of the bowl or tin can
- Allow it to warm up for a few minutes, you can open the oven and see the record begin to melt
- Once your vinyl is pliable, Grab a pair of oven mitts (Very important!)
- Remove your vinyl from the oven and place in a smaller bowl for shaping purposes!
- Begin to mold and play with your bowl to create the desired shape you want – its okay if its not pliable enough when you first take it out, you can always stick it back in the oven and try again!
- Set your bowl to the side for 5 to 10 minutes and admire your beautiful creation!
This is a great party favor for all sorts of events, guests love taking the records home and it is a fun craft project to do with family and friends!