In the heart of Nashville, TN, also known as The Gulch, right between Nashville’s Music Row and it’s energetic downtown is Cummin’s Station.
Upon it’s completion in 1906, Cummin’s Station was the largest reinforced concrete building in the world. The massive red warehouse has transformed into a multi-complex with 4 floors where businesses from all walks of life can come together yet work in separate spaces under one roof. The spaces are customizable to fit the business or the artists needs.
The location is near Union Station, another historic landmark that served eight railroads in the early 1900’s, the Victorian style building which resembles a cathedral is now a historic hotel. Being directly adjacent to the former rail station, in the back of the warehouse, old trains are also transformed into art studios and businesses.
On the first floor, an art gallery featuring all styles of art from lithography, metal sculptures, oil paintings, photography, abstract and fine art. The back has a designated seating area shaded by trees with white gravel similar to a zen garden and molded plastic modern furniture.
The front of the building has a selection of cafes, restaurants and other eateries serving a variety of tastes such as Japanese and Mexican.
The halls of the warehouse are open 24 hours a day, and you can peruse the halls checking out the artwork or stopping in to one of the many different businesses from progressive spas and fitness centers to modern design studios and eclectic bookstores.