MOBILE HOMES ARE MAKING A COMEBACK! These trailers are modernized, and more glorious than ever. Imagine being able to drive your home across the country – in style! Most people might complain about not having the space they would originally have in their actual home; but it all makes up for it if your trailer looks like one of these! I wouldn’t mind traveling the country in a remodeled trailer…I wouldn’t mind it at all…
LYING IN A HAMMOCK may be one of the most relaxing ways to spend a couple of hours. You no longer have to wait for your beach vacation to actually get a chance to snooze in one! A hammock can be installed inside the comfort of your very own home. There are so many different styles, colors, and sizes; it’s a sure way to set your room apart from the norm. Outdoor hammocks are are more common. It’s a nice place to sit and watch for shooting stars. Hammocks range in prices, but are generally very affordable. Set up a hammock, grab a book, and lounge until the kids get home – you deserve it.
It doesn’t take much to brighten up an outdoor space/garden. Just a little thought, planning and execution can transform your place and provide a real atmosphere. From outdoor furniture to a new paint job, a few small tweaks here and there can provide a major difference,
When people put so much time, effort and energy into planning and maintaining the inside of their house, often the outdoors get left behind. But with a bit of work here and there, you can have something that is quite special. This will allow you to enjoy the outdoors.
First and foremost is some garden and patio furniture. Finding the right pieces can provide an atmosphere that is inviting and warm. You should begin the quest for the right furniture by searching for a material that will work with the vibe of the area. It could be wood, metal or plastic.
You also need to factor in that the furniture could be sitting outside and exposed to the elements. Should this be the case, you want something that is going to hold up and not get too easily damaged by rain and wind.
Obviously you have to work around a budget but the reality of the situation is that you can buy some amazing things that are cheap and some awful pieces that are expensive. So look around and find something that besides looking good is also cost-effective. You will want something that is going to blend with the existing color scheme so bear this in mind.
It’s amazing how some small things can have such a major impact. Something like a hammock can create a special vibe where people just want to relax and chill. If you have young kids, a trampoline could prove a real focal point.
Pieces of art work such as sculpture have the ability to attract the eye and be a real conversation starter. Lamps can look good and will also provide light.
In terms of furniture that is going to be good at being resilient to the elements you have teak and wrought iron.
Don’t be afraid to use color. You can have colorful pillows, cushions and furniture in order to create a fun and relaxing aesthetic.
One mistake people make is to only worry about the day. You want quality lighting so that your fun can continue once the sun goes down, especially in summer. Buy some decent lighting so that you can still entertain once it’s dark. You don’t want the mood to be dampened because the light isn’t that good.
If you are outside, you have the option of using plants and trees to create a vibe. Flowers and plants can contribute to a setting that makes people comfortable. On top of this, trees that are going to provide shade are going to be valuable especially in the summer. What isn’t good is a lot of leaves all over the ground, so you may want to avoid trees that are going to shed leaves everywhere.
Outside you may have to choose between grass, concrete, tiles or some other flooring? You could pave it and use some paving paint. What you go for depends on the rest of the area. There are pros and cons to each of the options so it depends on your circumstances.
Painting the walls never fails to hurt. Feel free to give the paint job a bit of a touch up.
Many people forget about the outdoors and the area is neglected. You can make it something special with just a bit of time and effort.
If you haven’t tackled your landscaping yet because you think it’s not in your budget, you should know there are a few tricks you can use that are very inexpensive. You shouldn’t feel as though you have to splurge and buy everything all at one time either. Adding a few things here and there every week or every other week is often easier than paying for one big shopping spree.
Rocks and Stones
Borders, garden walkways and walls can be pretty expensive when you purchase commercial products. If you scout around and always ask permission, you’ll often find old bricks from structures that have been torn down that you can use for this purpose. Sure, they may be old but they have character! You can create walkways and even mock patio areas with stones and rocks as well which you can also often find for free.
You will find that native plants are not only traditionally inexpensive, they require less care. This means that you’re not having to water so much or buy fertilizer. You can often obtain seedlings or seeds from friends, family and neighbors if you ask around. Native plants traditionally resist disease and insects better as well. Keep in mind, the more plants, shrubs and trees you have, the less grass you have to maintain!
Experiment with Containers
If you do want to experiment with pricier plants, use containers for growing and place them around your landscaping. This will allow you to control and maintain them easier. Should you find that they do well in a certain location, you can always transplant them.
Make Use of Hedges
Hedges can outline your property, offer privacy and act as a sound barrier. Not to mention, those that stay full year round can help reduce your heating costs by blocking the cold winter wind when they’re strategically placed properly.
Just because you don’t have a backyard, doesn’t mean that you can’t make the most of your outdoor living space. If you have a balcony, regardless of the size, you can turn it into a tranquil oasis where you will want to spend time. The first thing you need to do is evaluate the space you’re working with and decide what you will most likely do out there. If you think you’ll eat or need a place to write or do crafts, etc., then a small table and chairs would be ideal. On the other hand, if this is just a place you’d like to escape to relax or read a good book, a comfortable chair is probably the most important feature.
- Furniture – If your balcony is like most, it’s probably not giving you a lot of square footage to work with. A bistro table will fit nicely or if you prefer a comfortable lounge chair, hanging hammock chair or something of this nature and then just add a side table to set your beverage on.
- Lighting – Most balconies have an outlet outside where you can plug a nice decorative light in. However, if this isn’t an option, there are plenty of solar lights that will soak up the sun’s rays during the day and then provide you with some lighting at night. Some even have motion detectors so they aren’t glowing all night.
- Rug – That hard concrete probably isn’t too inviting. Fortunately, there are a multitude of gorgeous outdoor rugs in every color, pattern and size for you to choose from.
- Decor – Many people simply neglect to bring any kind of decor to their balcony for whatever reason. There are outdoor canvases that are treated to stand up against elements, garden statues and wind chimes that will work well in this space. A water feature is always an added bonus to provide a soothing atmosphere and some of these are solar powered as well. Additionally, a small biofuel fireplace is the perfect addition to any outdoor space. They are environmentally-friendly and will provide ambiance and warmth on those cooler evenings. The best thing about these is that they’re portable so you can take them inside when you go in for the evening.
- Plants – No balcony is complete without plants or flowers. Corner plant stands gives you a place to really stack quite a few containers or you can hang them with hooks from the balcony above you. Most balconies have some type of railing so you can always make use of these and attach planters that are designed for this purpose. You can even grow your own vegetables if you want!
Even a small balcony can become a place to escape! Bring personality to your outdoor space but be sure not to overdo it. Too many items could make it cluttered and then it won’t be nearly as relaxing!
If you want to find a property with a balcony, you can find a vast array of properties, such as flats, houses or anything else at findaproperty.com
You don’t have to have an ocean at your backdoor to appreciate a modern lounge daybed. You really don’t even need to be the type of person who enjoys an afternoon nap. All you need is to be someone who appreciates comfort and an elegant, contemporary look. At times, comfort and contemporary certainly do not live harmoniously but the Lagoon daybed by Solpuri proves that the two can create the perfect balance.
Imagine this stunning piece by your pool, on your deck or even under your favorite tree, it certainly would catch a few glances from jealous neighbors. The Lagoon features a very modern roundish frame with an amazingly plush mattress to envelope you in comfort and promote deep relaxation. It’s even large enough to sleep two!
What makes this daybed so special is its removable shade that transitions with ease so when you’ve had enough sun you can create your own shade. Still not impressed? How about the fact that the translucent base actually lights up on the inside to create a gorgeous moonlight-colored glow at night?
If you are looking for that perfect contemporary piece that will compliment your outdoor living space yet invite you in for days of relaxation, the Lagoon daybed just might be it. For more information on this season’s collection, visit the Solpuri website.
There are basically two types of outdoor showers, those that leave you fully exposed which are often used for rinsing off after a dip in the pool or those that are fully enclosed. Why would you want one if you don’t have a pool? Just because! An outdoor shower is a nice refreshing experience, out there with nature, the sun shining, cool breeze and listening to the birds.
Besides, an outdoor shower is ideal if you’re filthy from mowing the lawn or working in the yard or if you happen to work in construction or a factory, so you don’t have to get your indoor bathroom so dirty. Not to mention, they are the perfect place to give the dog a bath too! Whether it’s cold, hot, sunny or gently raining, there’s just something invigorating about showering outside.
Location is Key
How you are going to use the shower will influence the location. If it’s meant for guests to rinse off after swimming, a neutral location is fine. If it’s for personal use, aim for a location that offers natural surroundings. Of course, plumbing is going to ultimately dictate location but if you have a skilled plumber, things can be made to happen.
Wherever you install your outdoor shower, make sure that it offers plenty of ventilation. The space needs to be able to dry out thoroughly after use to prevent mildew and mold from accumulating.
If you live in an apartment, condominium, loft, penthouse or if you’re just fortunate enough to have a balcony off your second floor master bedroom in your home, there are a lot of things you can do with that railing! Regardless if you have wood, wrought iron or anything else, there is plenty of decor that will look fantastic.
- Plant Containers – There are plant pots that attach to the inner side of your railing as well as ones pictured that sit on top. They are available in every color imaginable and they’ll allow your plants to get a bit of sunshine that they may not receive if they were placed on the ground with an overhead balcony or ceiling.
- Bird Feeders – Why not invite your feather-friends to share your balcony with you? There are even birdbaths available that you can attach to your railing.
- Lights – Not only can you hang string lights, there are very modern, block lights that fasten to the railing as well. The best thing about these is most are solar-powered so you don’t have to worry about fussing with electricity.
- Crystals – If you have a traditional railing with vertical spaces, why not hang a few crystals to catch the sun’s rays?
Why not spice up that railing? You can add a little pizazz to the outer side too! Make others looking up from the street wonder who the person is behind that fabulous balcony!
A patio umbrella may not be something you really want to squeeze into the budget on top of all of your other springtime expenses to spruce up your landscaping but you may be surprised to discover how much more time you spend in your outdoor living space if you have one. It can be tempting to simply buy a small inexpensive round umbrella, which may be find if you have nice shade tree as well however, you may want to splurge just a bit more for a larger one.
- Determine the size of the area that you want to receive shade. This could be the entire seating area or just a small section. You might even want to consider a swivel umbrella so that you can change its position as the sun moves, without fussing with moving the entire stand.
- Grab some painter’s tape, yarn, a few dog leashes or something you can use to outline the area with that you want shaded and lay them around the desired perimeter.
- Use your measuring tape to measure across from side of the area to another to determine the size of the umbrella you need and you’re ready to go shopping either in store or online.
A quality patio umbrella that is properly taken care of can last quite a long time so think of it as an investment. You will also find solar lights and even heaters that attach to some umbrellas so you can enjoy your outdoor living space even later on those cool evenings.
You should put as much thought into your grill as you do your kitchen stove. You will find that most people have a full blown love affair with either a gas or a charcoal grill, few people will say that they like both. Therefore, asking the advice of those around you will often get you some extremely opinionated answers.
- Gas Grills – It’s all about convenience with gas grills. There’s not wood chips or coals to heat up, all you need to do is twist a knob or flip a switch and you’re ready to grill. They are extremely versatile and offer a very consistent flame so you can cook your burgers, buns and veggies without charring any of them.
- Charcoal Grills – It is said that food cooked on a charcoal grill always wins any taste test. There really is no competing with the flavor. Unfortunately, you can’t be blessed with all that tasty goodness without putting in a little grunt work. There’s more prep time and flames can be all over the place so you really do have to babysit your food.
If you’re ready to buy a grill to really kick off your spring and summer season the right way, take the time to evaluate your needs, become familiar with different products and read reviews. Choosing the right grill is imperative. If you buy one you’re not crazy about, you may as well park it in the garage next to that kayak you keep saying you’re going to get some use out of every year!