This is hands down one of the easiest recipes to make! This egg salad has that zesty flavor and spicy taste of the Southwest mixed into it. A cilantro and jalapeno egg salad just like your favorite taco creation with a bit of tantalizing zip for your tastebuds.
What You’ll Need:
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayo (add more or less to taste)
- 1 medium finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 – 2 tbsps mustard (your choice of type)
- 1 – 2 tbsps fresh peppercorns
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- large bowl
- paring knife
How to Make:
The reason this recipe is quick and easy is because once you’ve completed all your prep work, you simply mash and mix all of your ingredients together in a large bowl. Use a paring knife to cut up your ingredients. Although, you can use any kitchen knife with a sharp edge if you don’t have a paring knife handy.
You can serve your delicious egg salad immediately, but it’s not recommended. Store in the fridge from anywhere to an hour to overnight. The citrus juices, spicy jalapenos and fresh ingredients will have time to chill and blend together. This enhances the taste by a ton!
Your southwestern egg salad can be served on a tortilla, fry bread, open faced sandwich, as a full sandwich or served by itself.
You will love the mouthwatering taste of this zesty southwestern egg salad!